The Division of Pediatric and adolescent Surgery offers comprehensive pediatric surgical care from newborn age till 16 years. Children, especially babies, present special challenges in surgery because of their small size and their responses to illness and surgery. Our pediatric surgeons provide consultation and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical care.
- Day care surgery
- ICU monitoring and management
- Sophisticated anesthesia geared to immature systems and physiology
- Minor procedures under conscious sedation
- Pediatric Radiology
Services and Treatments Offered
- Pediatric Laparoscopy Today, minimally invasive surgery has also evolved in pediatric age group. Many commonly performed pediatric surgical procedure can now be done laparoscopicaly like surgery for pedicatric hernia, undescended testis, recurrent abdominal pain, appendicitis, thoracic lesions and pediatric urology.
- Urological Anomalies: Phimosis, undescended testis, PUJ obstruction, PU Valves, vesicoureteric reflux, ectopic and dysplastic kidney, hypospadias, epispadias.
- Neonatal Anomalies: Tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF), diaphragmatic hernia (CDH), intestinal atresia, Nectrotising enterocolitis, imperforate anus, abdominal wall defects like exomphalos, gastroschisis, malrotation, abdominal cysts and thoracic anomalies.
- GI Problems: Intestinal obstruction, appendicitis, Hirschprung’s disease, pyloric stenosis, splenectomy for spleen pathology, gastroesophageal reflux, abdominal cysts, constipation.
- Hepatobiliary Disorders: Choledochal cyst, biliary atresia, gall stones, liver tumors etc.
- Thoracic: Congenital diaphragmatic hernia, diaphragmatic eventration, mediastinal cysts and tumors, bronchogenic cysts, enlarged lymph nodes, pulmonary sequestration, cystic adenomatoid malformation (CAM), lobar emphysema, empyema, pneumothorax, chylothorax, esophageal duplication cysts, tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF), congenital and acquired strictures of the esophagus, esophageal foreign bodies, esophageal rupture and perforation.
» Hernia & Hydrocele
» Urinary and faecal incontinence
» Ambiguous genitalia amenable to surgery
» Childhood tumors like wilms tumor, neuroblatoma etc
» Soft tissue cervical, truncal and limb vascular tumors like hemangioma & lymphangioma
» Meningomyelocele, hydrocephalus
» Pediatric Trauma and Burn
We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer
glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.